Follow chris_sheldrick on Twitter

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Cold Turkey

Facebook is now off! Its serving as a much too desirable distraction for me during this revision season, and boy do i need to avoid distractions! Since being stuck in NYC ive missed some valuable study time! I'm way behind and i need to take drastic measures to give myself even the slightest chance of doing alright, getting good grades are kinda off the books at this point and doing OKAY is what im looking to do. I'm becoming more and more disenchanted with my course and Im looking forward to getting university out of my life!

It could be interesting for me as well, to see how long I can go without it, Facebook has been such a big part of my daily life and routine, it will be interesting to see if the urge becomes unbearable and I log back in! I started to feel that I was becoming far to dependant on my Facebook as a means connecting to friends that my phone was being under used, and I was missing opportunities to actually meet up and catch up with people. So thats my plan! already I find myself lacking contact details of a bunch of friends whom I would normally turn to Facebook to connect me. I'm a Facebook addict and this is my cold Turkey time

If being in NYC serves as the reason I do poorly in my exams than it would have been totally worth it. The people I met and the experiences I had have definately served to let me grow as a person and Im definately better for it. I'm looking forward to life and the adventures and people it will bring!

This is me bounding towards life!






Also watch this space for another NYC update! (if I can be bothered)
I may also use this blog as a place to write up anything interesting that I've just learned about while studying.

No comments: