Follow chris_sheldrick on Twitter

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Car is sorted, flights are booked and lift to the airport arranged....




ITS TIME FOR A ROAD TRIP!
Roughly 4600 Miles of driving, at least 23 major stops, this is the trip of a lifetime!Im currently supposed to be packing, but I've taken a break while I wait for my clothes to dry and before I begin to do some ironing (gotta look ship shape for our American cousins).
This is a starter note to launch this trip, check out this page for updates etc.

This trip was first dreamt up over a year ago over ribs at our regular Kingston haunt, Tony Roma's, we had all arranged to meet up for lunch, but only me and Paolo turned up! So we got to talking about how much we liked BBQ ribs, and how we should go travelling after university, and being the genius's we are, we put two and two together and decided we needed to go and discover America! Now the British have a long history on US soil, and we most definately wish to add to that!

After just a few days of planning and a few months of anticipation the time is soon upon us to embark (and yes ofcourse we are flying British Airways, who else!). The journey so far has involved me selling alot of my stuff (or 'Junk', gotta get used to the US lingo) and working my arse off to earn a bit of extra mulag. But we have ourselves a Car and we have ourselves a general route.

This is what we are expecting on the car front:

We are expecting highs, lows and food! Lots of it! hopefully we won't have ballooned by the time we reach the west coast. But for the mean time I have other things to think about, I have to pick up my camera from a friend and sort my house out before I leave my room is a tip and its going to stay that way until I get back and have to do the UN-packing.


The general route is not set in stone, but we do wish to proceed with some direction, so here is a map of where we will be going!
I expect to meet many friends and make many friends!

See you in America, or if you stuck in England, I guess we will see you when we are back!



View USA Roadtrip in a larger map

1 comment:

flight said...

Sometimes road trips can make us happy and we can enjoy a lot from it but flights are awful and they gives us more happiness. It is good to know that you got all the arrangements.