Follow chris_sheldrick on Twitter

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Addict?

I have a Macbook and iPhone, but I'm not an Apple fanboy. I've acquired these purely because of matters of convenience. The iPhone I bought because at the time of my contract renewal with O2. I was also looking to buy a Nintendo DS, and I looked into getting an iPhone because of the great value of the games in relation to having to buy games for a DS, and I would be knocking out two birds with one stone, phone and games platform, and also because I’m not much of a RPG player, I prefer games with puzzles etc, such as Tetris, peggle etc. which the iPhone was ideal for.
So the iPhone has served its purpose really well plus it came with a bunch of advantages that I have come to rely on especially living in London, it makes everything I do convenient, so im never lost in anything that I do.
And as for the Macbook Pro, I had never been comfortable using the Apple OS but I’ve always wanted to get to grips with it.
Then when I went to Amsterdam in September 09, I got my Dell mini 9 stolen amongst other things (which was the best computer I've ever owned) don’t feel to sorry for me, I bought it for the purpose that if I got robbed It wouldn’t be a great financial burden to me to get it replaced (I bought it for around £250 and it served me so well) the dell mini traveled around 50,000 miles with me that year around the globe. This left me with a hole in my life that needed filling, and while I'm still a student and qualifying for Apple's 15% student discount, I thought I'd treat myself (also the new Dell mini 10's are much more expensive so the step up to the Mac wasn’t so large). The Macbook Pro is a beautiful piece of machinery and for my simple needs it serves me beyond my expectations and has opened up so many other avenues in computing that I thought were beyond my technical abilities.
Anyways, let me get to my point. Recently I've been having a lot of dreams about bad things happening to my iPhone! What a crazy thing to be dreaming about right? My dreams have ranged from me walking to University across Waterloo Bridge and a bird grabbing my phone and dropping it into the river. To me being at a house party in the US and being pushed into a pool (like in all those movies) with my phone in my pocket. The rest mostly involved dropping my phone in various obscure and unrealistic places :s
What do you recon this all means?
To be honest the only reason I would be upset about if I broke my phone is simply the financial burden, but I survive perfectly well on a plain old mobile phone. So strange right?
Also it makes me wonder how waterproof my iPhone is?
Check out this video ---

I think this video is trolling; however it still makes me curious.


DiggThis

No comments: