Follow chris_sheldrick on Twitter

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

The Gauntlet

Me and my friend Dan In Real Life have a competition!

The first person to get 100 followers on Twitter!

The Prize?
The looser has to buy the winner a three course meal of the winners choosing!

Rules?
No Spamming! We have to gain followers based purely on content. Apart from that I cant think of anything else that I may have missed.

Undoubtably I'm going to win, so I've already started to count my chickens.
The first question? Where to dine? Well Planet Hollywood has just launched on Taste London.
Im thinking
Starters:
BEEF SLIDERS
Three mini beef burgers topped with cheddar cheese, shaved tomato, cucumber and caramelized onions served on a sweet bun.
or
OUR WORLD FAMOUS CHICKEN CRUNCH
Tender strips of chicken breast with a crunchy sweet coating served with creole mustard sauce.

Main: (so many choices!)
the Classic!
BBQ PORK RIBS
A full rack of tender baby back ribs smothered with our tangy sweet barbeque sauce served with fries and coleslaw.
or
CHICKEN AVOCADO TOWER £12.50 Mixed field greens topped with layers of chicken, bacon, avocado, bleu cheese, cucumber and tomatoes with our own ranch dressing.

Dessert:
BANANA SPLIT SUPER SUNDAE
Strawberry, vanilla and chocolate ice cream piled high topped with swiss chocolate, strawberry and blueberry sauces, finished with bananas, whipped cream and a cherry on top.
or
CHOCOLATE BROWNIE SUPER SUNDAE
Our double chocolate chip brownie, vanilla and chocolate ice cream smothered in a swiss chocolate fudge sauce, whipped cream and a cherry on top.

I know I should have picked one of the more refined dining establishments that I frequent in London, but this is exactly the reason I want to go! The experience, I hardly go to places like Planet Hollywood, and I'm keen to buy into the Americanisation, I've never been before and they have just relaunched.

So better get one promoting myself if im going to earn that meal!

Check out the Planet Hollywood website!
Check out the TasteLondon website!
(This sounds like an enourmous advertisement for Planet Hollywood, but I swear it isn't meant to be)

Follow terocs on Twitter

1 comment:

Dan Noctor said...

if you play your best, and i play my best... you will LOSE!