Follow chris_sheldrick on Twitter

Monday, March 08, 2010

My Guilty Pleasure songs

Re: Dan In Real Life

So heres the rules regarding guilty pleasure songs.
  • Your not meant to like them, but you do.
  • You generally don't want to tell people you like them
  • The biggie- No one is judged for their guilty pleasure songs
Unlike the majority of people im not too afraid to tell people my guilty pleasures, infact sometimes i make it known! however I would argue that mine aren't perhaps so embarrassing, but I will let you be the judge of that.

Firstly I start with Enrique Iglesias - Hero

Already I've realised that perhaps my guilty pleasure songs are actually quite embarrassing. I love this simply because it's a bit of inspiration, shows great humility and vulnerability and the give and take of being in a relationship and for those reasons along its a guilty pleasure. I can be your hero, and you can be mine. However, It's also a blast to sing along to, and often people will catch me out while im cooking and singing along.




Secondly: Daniel Bedingfield - If your not the one

Yup, i definately take it back, my guilty pleasures are exactly that, something to be guilty of. I just cant help it, this song seems to say to me everything that love should be, writing a love letter is terribly hard when you somebody has already written it all down in a song better than you could ever conceive in your tiny mind!



My Third Pleasure: Survivor - Eye of the Tiger

Why is it guilty? because it's over played and everybody says it's the most inspirational song for them, and I guiltily have to join and say I too find this to be one of the few things that can make me want to go out for a run and punch a few cows. Watch the video, go out have a skip and pull a log or 2 up a mountain, then come back to read my final two!



Im Guilty of liking Nickelback!: Nickelback - Photograph

It's guilty because you're simply not meant to like Nickelback if you want to be cool, but im sorry, i like this song. Reminds me of all the friends around the world that I've had to leave behind at one point or another. Your never alone in this world, the people you meet will always be in your memory, and thats what this song reminds me.




Guilty? Pleasure: Gene Wilder (as Willy Wonker) - Pure Imagination

Play this to me and my eye's will glaze over and I will float away! Why is it Guilty? Because this is the song that reminds me of my childhood (which Tim Burton and Johnny Depp unabashedly destroyed in their remake) and real men don't reminisce about their childhood!
Whatch the video and the you feel like this is what a world without war would be like (a.k.a. full of oompa loompa's). Have a listen and I dont think I will need to explain myself any further. (this is a very close second to my next ultimate guilty pleasure)



My Ultimate Guilty Pleasure: Disney's Hercules - Go the Distance

Enough said, this is my ultimate guilty pleasure song, i love it. Inspirational and motivating, for me, even more so than the Eye of the Tiger. Guilty why? because it's Disney, and it's way to cheesy, and it implies that you sometimes need to be inspired and reminded that you can be all you can be and all that crap. But with this song playing on my Ipod, I feel I can take on any of Titans (must be what Steve Jobs was listening to when he decided to come back to Apple to take on Microsoft). Nothing beats an original Disney track, sorry Peter Andre.




P.S After reviewing my choice of songs, I thought it appropriate to mention that I am in fact NOT gay. Unlike State Senator Roy Ashburn - Prominent Anti Gay rights activist

No comments: